Administrative Medical Office Assistant Certificate/Area of Specialization (3549)
Students must be formally accepted into the program. Admission requirements include a successful passing score on the required program pre-admission test and completion of HLTH 1215 Medical Terminology for Health Professions with a grade of “C” or higher.
Students should contact the director of admissions or the Counseling Office for details about applying for admission to the program.
Students must meet specific admission requirements for this program and are advised to meet with a counselor and the program director.
Listed below are requirements for admission to the Administrative Medical Office Assistant certificate program:
- Complete college application
- Complete college placement test or meet test exemption requirements
- Composite score of 21 or higher on the American College Test (ACT) or combined score of 940 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Place into MATH 0850 Beginning Algebra or successfully completed MATH 0745 Essential Skills for Algebra
- Place into ENGL 1110 English Composition I (A) or ENGL 1111 English Composition I (B) or successfully completed ENGL 0111 Fundamentals of College Literacy
- Applicants must meet with the program director and counselor to review the program prerequisites and requirements
Admission Procedures' Notes
Applicants must meet with the program director and counselor to review the program prerequisites and requirements.
Applicants who have completed the requirements for admission will be accepted into the program on a space-available basis.
NOTE: MDAS courses must be taken in sequential order. Please consult with your counselor or program director for assistance in planning your schedule.
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|The first semester is in Fall|
or ENGL 1111
|English Composition I (A) 1
or English Composition I (B)
|HLTH 1215||Medical Terminology for Health Professions||3|
|MDAS 1110||Introduction to Medical Assisting||3|
|MDAS 1150||Medical Office Insurance and Reimbursements||3|
|The second semester is in Spring|
|HLTH 1150||Introduction to Electronic Health Records||1|
|HLTH 1238||Structure, Function, Disease, and Therapeutics of the Human Body||4|
|HLTH 1400||Customer Service and Healthcare||2|
|Total Credit Hours||19|
English course selection is based on placement test results (ENGL 1111 English Composition I (B) is 4 credits, only 3 credits apply to the certificate).
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please view this program's Gainful Employment information.